Thursday 5 February 2015

8 weeks on...

So 2 months down and all I can say is WOW! My teeth have moved SO much! You can see in the picture below, how much difference 8 weeks has made. I won't lie, it has been painful. I've had to take ibuprofen quite a bit to help with the muscle and head pain. I would say this time has been the hardest time as they have been on over Christmas. I had to be careful what I ate and drank - no mulled wine or tough meats :(.

It was also quite an experience going to my Christmas party. Ok so everyone at works see's them everyday anyway, but it was different to actually go out in town with them on. I'm not sure why but I actually felt very nervous. As it turned out, I shouldn't have been at all. No-one really even noticed them, and I even got chatting to someone else who had them on! It turned out better than I expected and pretty soon I'll be out in town without them on!

Having both top and bottom wires changed was quite tough at first. You can really feel all your teeth moving and because of this they are extremely sensitive. Over Christmas I usually over do it with chocolate, but I couldn't even do this because they were so sensitive! Don't get me wrong, I still managed my fair share of Thorntons, but obviously I had to be picky as you can't have fudge or anything that's crunchy, going to get stuck or end up pulling the brackets off.

Here's a before and after picture at 8 weeks.



As you can see, the top ones are actually almost finished! I was hoping in my next appointment at 12 weeks, the top ones would be finished, but it turns out there's one stubborn one that hasn't quite turned properly yet. So it looks like they still need another couple of months. However, if they do come off at 16 weeks, I'll still be a very happy lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment